4 GREAT REASONS TO BUY FROM US:
- Over 37,000 happy customers across the US
- Real people on our support team ready to help
- The finest materials and stunning design — all our products are developed with an obsessive dedication to quality, durability, and functionality
- We use the most secure online ordering systems on the market, and are constantly improving our software to make sure we offer the highest possible security
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Our mission is to make your shopping experience as safe and enjoyable as possible. Have questions? Feel free to contact our award-winning customer care team for advice on everything from product specifications to order tracking.
- Money back guarantee: Something not quite right? If you’re not totally satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 15 days for a full refund
- Risk-Free Purchase: We utilize industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of all the sensitive information, so you can be sure your details are completely safe with us
- Trustworthy payment method: We partner with the most popular online payment solutions that guarantee enhanced security and fast transaction processing
Good kit, worked well but there's a couple of tips to know. I went through 5 plugs on my first flat learning this. First off, the rasp tool is not very raspy and it takes quite a big hole to get the plug in. I started with a drywall screw hole and rasped it out 5 or 6 pulls. It was too tight and the plug tore before getting in very far at all. Redid that cycle 4 more times before the hole was big enough to get the plug in without tearing. It also helped that I took a look at the slot in the insertion tool and noticed that the inner edges were fairly sharp. I rounded them off so they wouldn't cut the plug so readily. That seemed to help also. Now we'll see if it holds air overnight.
I carry this in my Jeep, as I go WAY out in the backcountry and do not wish to be stranded. It stores well, and it's much easier to plug a hole than to try and jack up a 4WD in sand, etc. to put the spare on. Sure, it takes a little muscle and grunting to go through the hole, but lifting a 35-inch Jeep tire/wheel isn't the easiest either. It works very well on UTV/ATV tires as well. I've been able to bail people in those vehicles out of trouble, using this kit and my air compressor. It seems well made and has plenty of plugs.
While it takes a lot of strength to punch through the puncture hole into the tire. It works like a champ. A big money and time saver. Some people say to drill first to open the hole, and perhaps I should have done that, but I still managed to push it through and seal the puncture. The good news is that the tool easily withstood my entire weight as I pushed it in. The sealant strip worked as advertised. No more leaks.
This tool looks great, feels great in your hand & I’ve been able to plug 3-4 tires already. However, the rod coming off of the handle, that holds the rope plug, bends pretty easily while trying to push the plug through the hole. It straightens out fairly easily, but it was frustrating. If better, stronger steel was used it might prevent this. Also, the 2nd tool, the hole reamer didn’t bend, but was really difficult to push through. As a matter of fact, I opted to take a drill & team the hole with a drill motor/bit rather than the kits tool. If I found I couldn’t get the plug through the hole, I would increase the drill bit size slightly.
This is a decent tire repair kit for the price. As long as you are not repairing tires daily this is the perfect kit for plug repairs. I live in the country and find myself repairing a tire about every three months. I leave the tire on the car/truck, jack it up with a floor jack just high enough to take the load off the tire and repair it.
Used it on my tire that had a screw in it. Bored the hole by twisting in the bore tool. While getting plug ready with another tool, (plug is very sticky) and with some grease it was ready to plug up the hole. Took a little force and some time with that grease helped the plug go in easier.
Love the large handle plug tools, actually large enough for a man to get a good grip. The case holds everything right where it should be. I have already got my money’s worth in tire repairs on my tractor tires. Don’t buy those cheap throw away kits. This is a lifetime kit.